Monday, August 28, 2006

Sporting Phenomena

To tell u the truth, I am not that much into sports, the only reason that I do sometimes catch up with an odd match or two, is for its pure entertainment value! (Or maybe because it’s getting more and more difficult to watch anything else with the men folk gaining monopoly over the remote!) , anyway…….the sports news these days would give a run for all the sensationalist news!
There was a time when I used to completely skip the sport section of the paper…not anymore; I start my day reading paper backwards.
It’s absolutely insane how some of these pro sports… run a billion dollar industry based on it.
Take football for instance, its so completely ridiculous to have 22 men ( pretty hot, granted!) chasing after a ball, it looks quiet silly….and then the world cup……has to be the ultimate satire.
That’s so really sad… if that wasn’t enough these people who chase the silly ball are some kind of idols! - Beckham! Oh please, I think his hairdresser deserves more credit for his popularity than himself …
Now don’t even get me started with the namma Indian Cricket team , it really makes me nauseous when I see those giggly bimbos discussing Dhoni’s latest sported haircut….so, Sports has now become a medium to be sported.
I just don’t get it, maybe I am from another planet or from another century altogether, but what exactly is so intelligent about sports!
Okay, people who play, I can understand to some extent ….but people who watch….
Hey, I aint looking to incite any controversy here, but the point is, is the whole scene worth it!
People are spending billions on building stadiums and F1 tracks, where clean drinking water and basic hygiene is still not a human right….it amazes me, are people really so conscienceless these days.
Maybe watching all that sports till their eyeballs pop out from the socket really does render them brain dead!
Whole life turns into a game with a warped sense of pseudo reality, where everything’s based on winning or losing…..and slowly the whole meaning and purpose of life fades away.
Well mate, this time, the jokes on you!

3 comments:

Vijay Anand said...

this is really good...the way u rip the sporting world into shreds....truly genius....keep it up, mate.

Me Thinks.. said...

i love sports, its like an integral part of me.. but yeah i agree with the fact that too much money is being wasted on it! apart from that its a comic-cum-tension relief from our monotonous lives!
at the end of the day its entertainment.. these people definitely work their asses off!!
i like the beckham hair dresser part!

Madhuri Kaushik said...

so u do agree that sport is evil!